I hope this message finds everyone safe and well.
As you will be aware, our season is currently suspended as we await approval on our Return to Play guidance. We will shortly be submitting our proposal for this Return to Play guidance to the Government – once submitted, we hope approval will be given within 10-14 days.
Season suspension extended to further notice
Until the Return to Play guidance is approved, the current rules and guidance
in place around American football activity will continue, and therefore the
season suspension will be extended until further notice. We will review the
suspension on Friday 14 August 2020
when hopefully we will have greater clarity around the Return to Play guidance.
Outdoor based individual and small group training can
continue as mentioned in my last update, subject to respecting relevant country
guidance. British American football games, friendlies, and any contact activity
are still not permitted.
Youth & Cadet Flag season update
We have been working very hard behind the scenes to come
to a resolution to the 2020 Youth & Cadet Flag season, with a view to running
a condensed version of our usual season in September and October. After
reviewing all the potential iterations of running a season this year, combined
with the logistical challenges of gamedays in the current climate, we have made the unfortunate decision to cancel the
2020 Flag season for Youth and Cadet teams. Ultimately, despite our best
efforts to find a solution, it has not been possible to run a season in a safe
and controlled manner.
and Cadet Flag players who have paid the full price for membership (pre
lockdown) a refund of half the original fee, minus the processing fee will be
issued. This equates to £6.87 (0.5*£15-£0.63).
Cadet and Youth players will also receive a refund of £2.16.
I would like to thank everyone again for their understanding and patience, and
we will update you again once we receive feedback on our Return to Play
Pete Ackerley, BAFA Chief Executive