Each competition requires participants to adhere to a series of Rules and Regulations.
The Rules of the Game determine the way in which the game is played across Great Britain - bringing a level of standardisation to the sport.
The principle Rules include:
- The Game, Field, Players and Equipment
- Periods, Time Factors and Substitutions
- Ball in Play, Dead Ball, Out of Bounds
- Series of Downs, Line to Gain
- Snapping and Passing the Ball
- Conduct of Players and Others Subject to Rules
- Penalty Enforcement
- The Officials, Jurisdiction and Duties
- Instant Replay
- Standards for Game Management
The Rules of the Game can be found here.
The Medical Rules can be found here.
Game Regulations largely relate to the systems and structures employed by the specific competitions. These can be found here:
Core Documents for Use